Didn't get the information you were looking for?
As a Bakery Assistant the following is generally your role:
– Prepare raw materials such as oil, yeast, flour and sugar for baking purposes.
– Knead dough for breads and pizza and bake them according to set timings and recipes.
– Assist bakers in baking cakes, pizzas, casseroles, pies and other bakery items.
– Make fondant, frosting and butter cream mixtures by following taste, color and consistency protocols.
– Roll and apply fondant on cakes and cupcakes and make figures and cutouts according to themes.
– Give finishing touches to the end product and ensure that it is stored properly before delivery time.
– Pack baked items properly in special boxes and ensure that they are handed to customers in a safe manner.
– Handle baking supplies and equipment inventory and procure out of stock items.
– Ascertain the cleanliness and sanitization of kitchen and bakery areas.
– Make sure that freshly baked goods are aesthetically placed in display boxes.
– Greet customers and provide them with information regarding available bakery products.
– Take orders for specialty cakes and large number of items and provide a date and time when they will be ready.
– Take notes when special instructions are being provided such as weight, shape and theme of cake.